Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nissan Intelligent Key - Is it worth it?

I've been blogging less these days, mainly because I'm running out of things to ramble..or rather I'm more selective now on what I share here.  Let's just say..nothing much is worth blogging about these days. Boring life.  Been blogging aimlessly for so many years, the blog and the blog owner matures and mindset changes...I guess. 

I also noticed that the blog gets more attention lately from random readers searching for relevant information.  So..I gotta becareful and mindful of type and accuracy of information I put in here. It's also quite nice to see that some entries ended up useful to some.

Since..I get quite a lot of random visitors on the my 'relatively new car ..here'a another one :-)

\o/\o/\o/

When I was 'shopping' for a car, I was awed by the Nissan Latio Sports model ... both in terms of tangible luxuries as well as emotionally triggered indulgence.

Emotional:
...it was just so cool being in it. Compared to driving the alternative Latio Sedan or a Honda City or Toyota Vios..the Latio Sport just gave me a 'high' that I could not explain.  "I just wanna show off driving it" - this will be one statement to describe how I feel towards the car..emotionally.

Absolutely love cruising around in it. Enjoyed showing off it's Intelligent Key functions..which was working perfectly fine until recently. With it's supposedly Intelligent senses, I should not have to take out the remote from my bag nor pocket to unlock or start the car. 

As some of you may have read..I lost one of my remote recently (..long story) and found out that it will cost close to a Thousand Ringgit to get a replacement..you can read more about the experience HERE.  So..if you are planning to get a new car with an intelligent key function..consider this point, ya?  Cool to have..but costly if you lose it.

Secondly, after using it for about 10 months now..the practicality issue comes into question.  Well..not that I had a choice..cos all Latio Sport comes together with this Intelligent thingy.  Is it worthwhile to pay more for such a function?  Well, I've been having some problems with the sensitivity.  When I first got it, all I had to do was just carry it with me in the bag or pocket..and I can unlock and start the car almost like ina snap of a finger. It was COOL!  But..I've been having some problems lately.  It's not so sensitive anymore.  The service advisor says that it's normal ..cos over time the frequency goes haywire and will need re-programming.  I was told that it had been re-programmed during the last service before CNY but I still have problems on and off.  It gets quite frustrating when you are so used to unlocking the car without having to dig for the remote...and when it didn't work..I had to dig and dig for the remote..give it a little shake to 'wake it up'.  Some times...I will be already sitting in the car..handbag just next to me and I couldn't turn the ignition knob cos key undetected!  It's also embarassing when I have passengers with me.

There you go..how would you feel when..you paid for intelligence and found out that it ain't so intelligent anymore?

I was told by unofficial sources that mobile phone signals may be one of the main causes.  So, I've been trying these few days to separate the two gadgets as far apart as could.  Seems to be working better..still too soon to be sure.  Will see.
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Well sometimes too intelligent technology is not that good after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hai! I'm a new owner of latio sport.. just came upon ur blog, very informative indeed..

    do u still have problems with the i-key?

    ReplyDelete
  3. helo..GLAD to say the i-key is working perfectly fine now..after changing it's battery. I should have another post after this one about the battery change :) Enjoy ur Latio, I'm still loving it :)

    ReplyDelete