Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Highlights of Yogyakarta

Hai ya..I really need to catch up on sleep.  I planned to sleep before midnite today...but...

Just lemme finish this post.

As most of you know may already knew..the two main attractions that is a must-go in Yogyakarta.

The Prambanan Temple..as you can see..listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site.



Sadly..parts of the historical architecture were badly destroyed in the 2006 earthquake

Like this piece which fell off from the top of one of the temple..during the quake...fyi..the quake lasted less than a minute


I have so many good pics..I can't possibly post all of them..here's one that I randomly chose.


Another one showing a closer look of the amazing carving work

The second and most visited if none other than the Borobudur Temple..also listed as a World Heritage Site


 



Pics are not very nice..as it was very early..we signed up for the sunrise tour.  I was struggling and had no idea how to use the LX3 for night shots :D



Ended up having shots like this!

And this!


We didn't manage to witness the sunrise..it was very misty :(

Finally..I got the functions right. Nice colors eh?


So huge...




Oh ..I'm done!
Would love to write more..but I really need to rest.
Long day tomorrow..and have not been sleeping well last two days...over worked out a bit oso..didn't give body enough rest to recover from the trip.

Upcoming posts will be on ...may be sunset @ Parangtritis..(which I've already posted on FB ..hehe)...or may be I should talk about Streets..and Food??


Will see.

Nite!!


Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment