Sunday, August 01, 2010

12.3km done


So....

I've been wondering...what is there to talk about here.  Yet..another run completed =)  Think I've been harping on this quite a bit..so it ain't much news to you.

I don't have a medal to show cos only the first seventy five runners gets a medal.  Didn't even dare to dream of getting a medal, I'd be lucky I didn't have to come back in an ambulance or the sweeper bus. A sweeper bus is a vehicle used to pick up runners who took too long to complete the race ..normally used in full marathons.  Heard that there will be sweeper buses in the PBIM cos they can't afford to wait for late arrivals as there is a time limit to re-open the bridge. Yikes..


Overall..it wasn't that bad after all. I mean, despite the additional 2.3km..and the additional discomfort and pain from the injuries...it really wasn't that bad after all.  Really.  

Well..it was pain pain pain as far as I could remember from as as soon as 10 mins into the race.  Half way through..I wasn't sure if I can complete the entire race..but with lot's of stubbornness and a little bit of determination..I soldiered on.  Lot's of deep heat cream from the SJAM helped too.  

I also found out that pain is contagious..it spread from one bad leg to another good leg!




At some point I told myself to forget about timing.  Just enjoy the journey and most importantly..don't worsen the injuries.

So..I took my time strolling a bit..and took some pictures.

The atmosphere was real good when I got to this particular bridge. It was windy and the mp3 song playing then was just right.




So..I strolled on.  Ran when I can ..stop when the pain returns..so on so forth.  There's this young chap with knee guard on and was hobbling all the way..but full of determination...so..there was no reason for me to quit.

That's about it lor.  Nevertheles, I must say..despite the injuries..I do think..12,3km..ain't much different from 10km ..hehe...


Am I ready for more?

Oh..the legs are doing just fine.  In fact I was in much much more pain after SCKLM.
Good sign ...






Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. tell us wats inside the goodie bag lol
    see if it'll encourage me to run also

    ReplyDelete