Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's all slowly coming back

..how's you leg?
..getting better

The above happens on and off for the past few weeks cos I made such a big hoo haa about not being able to do things that I like doing due to some injuries I picked up after the SCKLM.

If it is of interest to you, the doc that I was seeing convincingly concluded that it's 'only' over use of muscles and the injuries are 'not serious'. "Not serious' and it's taking ages to recover..I wonder what is classified as 'serious'?  My heart goes out to those professional athletes with serious injuries..no wonder some never make it back to top form :s

Yea..it's been better for me.  Not perfect but better.  I attended a full BC class today \o/ I've been skipping the middle part (track #4), the part with most front kicks.  It wasn't complete and quite a spoiler to miss the middle part of a work out but it's better than not being able to do anything :)

I've been running very short distance too..about 20 mins ..like 2 times in the past two weeks :D  I have to run a half marathon in less that 12 weeks and that's all I've been doing!  LOL...


Anyway, today, I felt that I was in the best form I ever felt in weeks.  My legs felt stronger, more agile and knee lifts were very much less painful.  Front kicks are still painful..though.  And it still hurts when I stretch the groin muscles.

I happily told Gan that "I can kick better" today :D She went : "where are your priorities? You want to kick better or run better?"   Hmm...


Anyway, for the first time in weeks..I feel confident that I will recover.  Today's badminton was also much much better than last week \o/  Played seven games without needing rest ..good good.


My only worry now is that the muscles are not strong enough to endure the Newton Run in end September and I will end up in the same condition again -.-

I'm suppose to do strengthening exercises..........













Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. I think you shld still take it easy and be careful. Better ensure full recovery and not aggravate it again.

    ReplyDelete