Monday, April 11, 2011

I survived Body Attack

I started with body combat (martial arts based cardio exercises), then rpm (endurance indoor cycling), then body balance (flexibility and strengthening).

Heard lot's about body attack (combi of athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises) but I was cautious, afraid, reluctant to try it out.

What I  heard said was :

..it's super tough. One of the toughest programme from Les Mills.  There isn't any rest.  It's all jogging and jogging and jogging.

..in others..you can 'cheat' or take it easy when you are tired..i.e. punch or kick softly, or cycle slowly but in this...when you stop it will be so obvious.

..some said..it's very tough for the knees..yikes..

So..I wasn't interested..until recently, I got "itchy", since I feel somewhat stronger and fitter now, relatively speaking.   Basically, I felt that I can do more ..ahem.

On a rare Friday evening, I happened to be in the gym (normally I'm out feasting on Fridays :P), and it so happened there is a body attack class...and so I took the opportunity.

It wasn't that bad after all!  In fact I enjoyed it.  Well, it was a bit tough on my weak ankle and my calves hurt for days after that, but it was all good.  Most importantly, I pulled through and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I actually like it.

And guess what, I think it's a very good form of training for the marathons...since I find it soooo hard to get my butt out to run.

Another hobby, goody good good =)


Read more about it HERE





Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment