Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When there is a will, There is a way

Today's tweet by quotegarden  : 
 "Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great." ~Niccolò Machiavelli 


The above is something I believe quite strongly in  when evaluating my own actions and decisions as well as  when evaluating my expectations on people around me.


When there is a will, there is a way.... 


It's pretty simple and straightforward for myself. If I drag my feet and procrastinate over something..it must be something I don't really want to do. Whether I will force myself to do, it depends on how important the matter is.


Extremely important and I'm all for it...no issue..just do it!


Extremely Important but I don't really want to go through it - I'll have to force myself.


Not that important and I don't feel like I want to go through it - rest the case.


Not important but I'm excited about it - just do it! as long as it brings happiness.




Simple life philosophy eh? If only life is that simple...haha.


Same goes for other people...their behaviour, responses, actions.. pretty much indicates how much they care about the subject matter.


Similarly...for social functions or get together..


If I care enough, I will definitely look forward to the outing and will surely turn up
If I don't really 'like' the person(s), I will look for excuses to skip it :D


We have this fantastic school friend whom we only caught up with in recent years, thanks to facebook.  She turns up on every single occasion regardless of who, where or when the gathering is.  She, too, leads a busy life like everyone else, married with kids and holds a fairly senior post at work..and yet she makes it a point to be present every single time.  We love and respect her for that!


That's what I meant by..when there is a will, there is way.


So..stop giving excuses.  It shows...



Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment