Friday, April 22, 2011

Staying in touch

When was the last time you had casual chats on the phone ? Excluding love bird chats.  Do you still chat on the phone often?  I have not done so for a long time.  Most of my calls now are short and purposeful.  Well, may be a little longer when there are hot gossips...

I've been missing a friend's calls. The first call was on Tuesday evening when I was having a hair cut.  I didn't pick up the call but sent a message later to apologise.  There was another missed call yesterday evening when I was at the gym.  I didn't call back but sent another message much later after settling down at home.

You must be wondering why I didn't call back immediately?  Well...erm..she didn't leave a message to say it's urgent.  Plus, I know my friend well, she has a habit of calling us up in the evening to catch up when she is driving home from work.  So..I kind of know..it's nothing important.  My bad...

When I messaged last night, I explained that "I'm normally 'busy' in the evenings, so please leave a message if it's urgent"  In her reply, she said..she is only free when she drives...haha.  True..cos when she reached home..she has to care for her daughter.

But then,..come to think of it..when is the right time to chat huh?  Day time is no go as I don't chit chat at work. MSN chat , yes..but not on the phone.  Evenings..I'd normally be driving somewhere or at the gym..how to chat.  Weekends..also on the move most of the time.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm a loner.  MSN, FB, WhatsApp, SMS are current tools to stay in touch in our busy lives.

Physical interaction is still key though, that's why it is so important to make sure to meet up once in a while to catch up...no matter how busy your daily lives are.  It's really good for the soul to get away from the routine..and be with different people, doing different things.  E.g I was taking a post marathon break from workouts / gym on Monday, hence, I took the opportunity to spend some time with my nephew at my sis place.  Co-incidentally it was his birthday..so we had a quiet cosy celebration.  Nothing fancy but everyone's happy.

Long time ago, I was asking SY if she can make it to a gathering.  She said that she will be busy with..this and that..etc.  I told her... "be careful not to stay away for too long, cos you don't want to be out of touch and without friends 20 years down the road,when your kids are all grown up"


Will be meeting some buddies for dinner tonight.  Thanks to PPL for organising =) our truly reliable organiser.  We are hopeless without her.  We have not met for so long because our PPL had been busy.

Oh.I must find time to visit my old school friend who had her first delivery a month ago!  Only have this weekend to do so or else it will be after the Sri Lanka trip. That will be too much of me !


Busy weekend ahead..



Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment