Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chicks in the House

These adorable chicks were found loitering in front of my house last night. No signs of mother hen at the time of discovery but we know that there are a bunch of 'chicken family' that loiters frequently in the neighbourhood. There was a huge thunderstorm in the evening, my father said that these two poor chaps must have been left behind accidentally by the family. My brother found the first one loitering aimlessly in the middle of the road. Worried for it's safety he picked it up and brought into the house. My SIL said that she still heard some chirping sound in the bushes, I went to check and found another one under a bush. My father asked to bring it in too.

I presumed they were happy to see each other cos they immediatelly snuggled together. Well, occasionnaly they 'quarrel' by pecking at each other. They must be so cold and hungry cos when I picked them up they will snuggle and fall asleep.

After some trial and error I discovered that they are capable of eating and drinking by themselves. They are currentlyon oats (they don't like rice and bread).

The chicken family is back in the morning. I was contemplating if I should return the chicks to the family. But..will they be left behind again?
Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. wah! thought i was at wrong blog! revamping....

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw..the chicks are staying. I was asking if we should return the chicks to the mother hen..my father said no need cos he already bought chicken feed for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will these chicks become KFC one day.. then u'll be sad. my little was so sad when his 'pet' becomes KFC last time... :p

    ReplyDelete