Monday, April 21, 2008

Things that Daughters do

My father has suggested a few times that we should explore some eating places in Cheras. I never agreed to go because I am not familiar with the area. Chris offered that she is available to take us around last Sunday. On Sunday morning I tolf her that I am not going over..my reason as I wrote on my sms as follows:

"..he is very ngam cham today. Complaining non stop. Don't think I wanna eat with him today.."
Chris thought I am a terrible daughter. I ended making a quick dish of pasta and shared with him.
Later in the afternoon, my cousin sms to confirm that she is bringing her parents over to Desa Aman Puri to try out a famous seafood restaurant. Our exchanges of sms as follows:
Cousin:"..hi. we will be at desa amn at 6,30pm. See you and ur brother there , ok.."
Me: " ok. which place? and what about my father?"
Cousin: "..of course he is welcome. BUt..I dun thk my mother will talk to him lo. sigh..."
Me:"..like tat susah la. I can't leave him tonite cos' last nite i didnt eat with him..sigh.."
:DDD see la.. things that we have to manage as daughters. Let me share with you some history. You see, both my her mom and my dad are not nice people to talk to. Once upon a time, about 10 yrs ago, her mother made a statement that wasn't very nice to my dad. And he reverted with another statement that is not very nice also. Ever since then, they have not really met apart from attending special dinner occassions etc.
Later in the afternooon, we had a few more exchanges of sms and phone calls:
Cousin: .."i tested water oridi. my mom seems ok with ur dad coming"
Me:"..hmm..like tat ah. I will test water oso la"
I needed about an hour to gather the courage to tell him about the dinner. He didnt react negatively or annoyed. So..I assumed that he will be going. SO..i tolf cousin that.."so far so good. no objections from him.."
At about 6,30 cousing sms to say that they are leaving their home. I returned to say that..dad is bathing so..we will leave once he is done.
The fact that he went to bath earlier than usual is almost a sign that he is going right? WRONG! After his is out from shower..I told him that we are about to leave, he said.."..you go la..I am not joining.."
*FAINT*
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. :) very typical of that generation.. think my dad stop talking to his younger brother for at least 30 years.. (but think they talk now, at weddinds, etc.) tak sudah-sudah... Can't imagine not talking to my bro/ sis for even a month... iiish...:p (i must make sure my dad doesn't read this!!) :D

    ReplyDelete