Friday, April 18, 2008

Taxi

When was the last time you took a taxi in Malaysia? Was it a pleasant experience? Well, I took taxi to and back from KL today. It was very convenient to get one from my office building. I hopped on the first cab in the queue but was dissappointed to find that the driver didn't know where Leboh Pasar Besar is.

The 2nd cab claimed that he knew where it is. He dropped me near the high court building and told me that the place I want to go is just around the corner but..I ended up walking for at least 10 mins in the hot sun! Bloody hell.

To get back to my office in PJ, I decided to take a cab although taking the LRT is a cheaper alternative..but it was just too hot and unsafe to walk about in the city.

I was very happy when I saw a long stretch of taxis waiting in line. I approached the 1st one in line as usual. The driver is a Chinese man ...I thought he didn't look too happy to see a customer...but I went on to state my destination. He 'as a matter of factly' answered that he wanted 20 bucks - f^%k!

Pissed! I went to pick the next one. In fact..I recalled now..none of them looked happy to see a customer. The second cab rejected me. The 3rd cab practically ignored me. The 4th cab agreed to take me but there was no acknowledgement whatsoever - I had to guess that he was actually going to take me since he switched on the meter. The taxi was filthy and stuffy. Ewww..

The journey was very straightforward..there was no traffic congestion. It cost only 8 bucks. And he immediately took another customer after I got off. So..what's wrong with my destination. Why was I given such a cold treatment..

^&%@ what is wrong with these people!!!

Based on my experience in Beijing, HK, Taiwan, SG, BKK...our attitude is way to the bottom >>Z-class! Taxi drivers in other countries are polite eventhough some may not be friendly. Their taxis are also clean and comfortable.

What's hapenning to us?? I don't understand at all.
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. i've grown immune to these cab drivers..esp. mid-night and on rainy days.. i had to literally beg them to taxi me.. so ke lian. once i wait in the rain for 1 hour, to make it worse, a few cab just refused to take me bcoz it was pudu...the other time, a cab driver insisted to stop bcoz he want to top up his mobile credit, i refused and he sped on recklessly i actually thought we would get an accident that night.. endless stories.. i can write a page long on this.. :) but nvm la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I dun take taxi nowadays except to the airport.

    Well our service industry personnel hv 3rd world mentality and I doubt they understand the word "SERVICE"

    ReplyDelete