Wednesday, April 23, 2008

E-Filing 2007

It is that time of the year again, where everyone scramble to file their tax form. Key documents that we normally scramble for are:
  • the form that we may have received months ago
  • previous year's form to back check past information
  • claimable receipts for tax deduction
  • EA form that gives us the 2 important figures..total salary earned and total monthly tax paid

Traditionally, we had to fill in and calculate manually on a hard copy and then either post or hand in the form to the tax office.

Last year, I started to use the e-filing facility where everything can be done online. So..besides the documents and receipts...I have to recall the PASSWORD that I used last year. At this digital age..everything is about PASSWORDS and USERNAMES isn't it.

For some reasons...I was so confident that I wouldn't have problems remembering the password after 12 months. Of course..I didn't remember la. Well, at this digital age..it is fairly easy to solve..just go to the website and click 'forgot password'. As usual, I have to answer a 'challenge question'..which normally will be My Mother's Name. Easy? Not really...I was given five tries..and I failed in the first four! No..I didn't forget my mother's name...it's just that there are suppose to be spaces in between. So..remember that huh..

After getting past that Name test..I managed to reset a new password. That was last week. Guess what...today my mind went blank again! So..I had to repeat the Name test again..to reset the password. Duh!..Not that I have lot's of different passwords to rotate around (although it is safer to do so)...but we are doing so many stuff online..it's getting really tough to manage all this passwords and usernames.

Anyway..I completed my e-filing within 30 mins (including checking time). It's really easy! (Chris..do you hear me?). FYI..Chris is one of those folks who is still sceptical about the reliability of the web especially when it comes to a gov.my site.

However, I have to warn you about making additional tax payment via their site i.e. via e-bayaran. It didnt work for me.

The screen was static at this page for over 10 mins:

Transaction Status
Please Wait... Your request is being processed

And then..it says this:


Transaction Details
Date: 23-Apr-2008 11:08:45
FPX Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxx
Failure Reason: FAILED TRANSACTION Debit Amount: xxxxx

You may wish to print or save a copy for reference.

Now..I gotta make sure the money is still in my account! When it comes to money..it is still best to do it personally at the bank huh..

Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah me too, did my e-filing for the 1st time this year. It's very fast, I even managed to pay online. All kau tim in less than an hour.

    I didn't have any problem with the e-bayaran. I think now everyone is trying to log in, hence the server is slow. Maybe it will be better to try at nite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm ... i think i will do this online this year too. i am running out of time to get this damn thing done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 tries to get ur mom's name. tsk tsk tsk.. even if you never leave any spaces the first time.. should get it the second time ma.. unless u also play with putting first name first and then first name last.. i do S'pore's E-filling.. so there's nothing to say here.. pardon me for my mouliu comment.. :D

    ReplyDelete