Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Do you speak Mandarin?

P/S: I am in a blogathon mood and workload is surpirisngly light. So here I am blogging my heart out

I received a weird anonymous call this morning. The call is as follows (in Mandarin):
  • Caller: Helo..ni huei chiang hua yue ma? (Helo..can you speak Mandarin?)
  • Me: Bu huey (No)

After answering Bu Huey..I felt guilty and tickled..while I am really being honest that I can't speak Mandarin....I did feel silly for anwering in Mandarin -"Bu Huey" - that's one of the few Mandarin phrases that I know. I think the caller was a bit suspicious cos' she asked me a few times. I stammered a little bit...struggling to think of how else I could tell her that I really can't speak Mandarin besides saying Bu Huey. I mumbled a few times Bu Huey..tried to pronouce it as bad as I can. She gave up eventually.

I am quite certain it sounded like one of those sales or conman calls from China. SO becareful out there.

Best Blog Tips

5 comments:

  1. Ni kerja ke blogging? :D hahaha.. but good entertainment.. maybe u can try make money this way ler..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah you very productive today!!! No wonder you have time to chat wif me also la ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I oso received a similar call from China but i'm worse than u. She asked me if i'm a kid in Mandarin and I answered her back that yes i'm a kid in Mandarin. I dunno which part of my voice sounds like a kid.

    ReplyDelete