Thursday, March 31, 2011

40

Was chatting with a relatively new RPM instructor the other day, she was encouraging me to try out the upcoming instructors training course. It sounded crazy to me..especially from RPM...as mentioned many times here, I'm always very close to collapse even as a normal participant in a normal class.


Anyway, not that I have not thought about it..in fact, if I 'd want to, it will be for my first love, Bodycombat.  

Sigh~

I'm close to 40, I told her. Secondly, I'm not as fit as I seem to be.  Injuries, aches...I should just stay with doing it at my own leisure.  

She told me she is many years older than me.  Way above 40! Her aim is to at least get the certification and then she will take it easy.  What she said was true..we all have day jobs..we work for a living for half of our living years...and then we wonder..is this all we do?  So..this is something different that she decided to do..despite the age.

To teach, lead  and instruct on stage is unthinkable and impossible, for me. It takes a lot, more than "a lot" to be up there.  Everything has to be in TIP TOP condition:


Fitness level
Physical endurance
Mental alertness
Skills and technical knowledge
Discipline to maintain all the above..and much much more.

Apart form the above, a good and experienced instructor have a 'rare skill' ...to be able to drive and motivate members on the floor to strive hard and give the all we can..they call it the fitness magic..I think.

Many regular members tend to walk out whenever there is a new instructor taking over or replacing a class,  because they are inexperience, it's obvious that the enjoyment level will be much less, but I'd try to stay no matter what..cos I respect them for their determination and courage to take up the challenging role.  To be able to remember all the moves, cues and choreography of 8-10 tracks is no joke.  


Hmm..if I can find a partner to do this with me..I may go for it.  I know..I know..I don't normally need company to do things, pretty much on my own.  But this..I can't do alone.
Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. If you really think this is what you want to do, go for it. But sorry, I definitely will not join you. Not my cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hi ... I'm a rpm regular and would love to join. I think teaching is in my blood, i'll never get away from it. So, why not try. Let's see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo geetha..instructor training is reallly really tough !

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can do it .... i'm encouraging ok ... GO FOR IT

    ReplyDelete