Friday, March 18, 2011

Are you Living?

If you are reading this, you are still breathing, hence, still alive.
But ~ are we living life? or are we only being alive?

A friend's facebook status prompted me to think about the difference between Living Life and Being Alive?


Being alive simply means we are breathing, can be in the form of running, walking, sitting, asleep...  Even if one is in coma hooked on a life support machine, it's still considered as alive.  Alternatively, regardless of whether one is happy, unhappy, depressed, on top of the world, ecstatic, excited, bored, indifferent to life, we are all - alive.  We can either drift or cruise ...either way time passes at equal speed for both options e.g. Spending the whole day on the couch watching DVDs vs. opting to go clean the house, go outdoor to do gardening, go to the gym, go shopping, visit grandma - there are only 24 hours in a day for us to do however much or little we want to do.

So, what is Living ?

Err.....
Oh man..the above was easy.  I'm at loss what to say here =D
In my own words, Living means spending time and hours fruitfully.  Yes, all of us need to have a job to earn a living.  Bear in mind, though, that we work to earn a living not to live. So..we shouldn't spend all our time working.  Nor should we spend too much time idling.

To be honest, I do not have an answer ..hehe. I admit, I drift too.  I've always wondered if there is a better job out there for me.  What if this? What if that? Shall I do this? and not that?

Tough.

We can talk until the cows come home...there is no one solution on how to Live Life.  If you ask me, I'd just take it one day at a time.  Assuming, we all have about about 16 wake hours each day.

Minus 8-10 hours at work (try not to hit more than 10 too often..), we still have 6 hours left! That is a lot of time \o/

So..start thinking...how would you want to spend this 6 hours fruitfully and happily?  I'm not saying you have to pack in ten activities everyday.  It can be as simple as..a walk in the park, a quiet dinner at home with someone you love, or even catching up on sleep etc.  Anything that you think is worth doing and is not wasteful. A bad example would be..lazing in bed playing computer games...well, if one thinks that's a fruitful way of living live, by all means, go ahead.

Am I making sense?

I like this quote:

A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action. A life lived of chance is a life of unconscious creation -- Neale Donald Walsch  

It's taken from this site called Zen Habits.  They have an excellent article titled: A Guide to Living Your Life Consciously


Here's to Living Life =)




Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. I have a book, called "Living a Fulfilled Live".. very think book. Interested? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book, called "Living a Fulfilled Live".. very think book. Interested? :)

    Sorry, posted by FY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness.. What's wrong with me.. It is a THIN book, not think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol..u need 3 entries to make it right ! was wondering how come suddenly so many comments to my rambles.

    ReplyDelete