Saturday, September 03, 2011

Central-Cheung Chau-Central, HK




The buzzling Central of HK
One thing I always love about HK is the convenience of transport.  The MRT is super efficient.  The access and linkages to office buildings and malls are ultra convenient.  Every single detail is well thought and planned out unlike...here in our very own home sweet home Negaraku tercinta.

I got to the IFC mall in Central almost in a snap of fingers.

The roof top of IFC Mall
IFC mall is HUGE.  It's like 5 times bigger than KLCC.  So big that I didn't know what to do and where to go.

I got tired of walking around aimlessly.  

The Central Pier is just across the street!  Well, they made it seem like so, with a linked bridge and all...just walk across and there are ferry to different attractions across the sea to getaway from the city.

Amazing right?

Central Pier
I opted to for Cheung Chau.
On board a ferry

We arrived in 45 mins.

Bicycles for rent, I think so


It was a weekend, many decided to getaway from the city too

Here, we see fishing boats instead of four wheelers

People work on boats instead of buildings


So different from the city


Many small budget hotel rooms for those who want to spend the night here


Some of the rooms have 'sea view' 
Cheung Chau is a very small place as far as I'm concern...

I didn't need a car to get to the beach



Proper life guards on duty

Many were here to chill and relax


Food!

Radish cake

Best 'put chai go' ever

Boarded the ferry back to Central, after exploring for 2+ hours..

I believe there are more to do..hiking, etc.

Caught the sun setting in back in Central.

Sunset @ Central


Evening rush @ Central

Mid-level escalator @ Central

A shot from the Mid-level escalator


As said, HK is quite amazing.



Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. I missed Cheung Chau in my last 2 trips. Definitely will go there in my next trip to HK

    Nice pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thks :P

    not sure how much more is there to explore tho..but good option if wanna be a bit away frm the city

    ReplyDelete