Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dogfooding


I learnt a new word recently.

dogfooding 

Refers to using the software that one creates in the beta test stages and especially thereafter. Software developers are often criticized for not using their own software on a daily basis and thus not really understanding how it is to operate and where to improve it. The expression comes from early, live TV commercials for dog food when the dog occasionally refused to eat the chow. "Does the dog eat the dog food?" came to mean "do they really like the product?"

http://computer.yourdictionary.com


Don't understand?  Me too..

I came across the word when I submitted my feedback on the Blogger Iphone app.  The Thank You mesage went something like - "Thank you for dogfooding our brand new app..."

I guess it means.."trying out" the app at this teething stage.

Still. What has it got to do with Dog food??


Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment