Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Customer Service


Brand owners, product owners, service providers, etc invest a good amount of budget in creating awareness to your brand or service and hopefully awareness translates to consumers trying out and eventually become loyal users.

But what about taking care of current customers? Are current customers important to the business?

Of course..at least I strongly believe so.  That's why most organisations has this thing called Customer Service in place.

I've had interesting experience in the last few weeks with Customers Service of different levels.

I owe it to Maxis, so I've got to highlight this.
I know I've complained about Maxis' coverage a lot, I eventually realised that instead of complaining out loud, I should play my role as responsible customer by giving constructive feedback via proper channels. That is if there are convenient and accessible channels available.

I must say Maxis has done a very good job in striving to encourage, accept and act on customers feedback and complaints.

I've tweeted to MaxisListens several times on coverage issues with different locations.  Each time, I received almost immediate replies in the form of direct messages or tweet replies and there will be a follow up call  on the same day to get more detailed information pertaining to my complain.

They will then follow up with a case reference number via Twitter.  I'd normally get another call within 1-2 weeks to update me on the outcome of their investigations and actions taken.

At such instances, even if the problems were not 100% solved but the efforts put in to acknowledge the problems is highly commendable.


My other experience was with T, a local auto care company that I had brake pad issues with.  I filed an official complaint via their official website's feedback link.  If I'm not mistaken, it was a Saturday night.  I got a reply within 24 hours.  There were a couple of email correspondence.  The source of the problem remained unknown to me, I was offered "some compensation", I'm not sure if I will continue using their other services...but I know or at least they appear to have tried their very best to handle the complaint as sincerely as they could.  Thumbs Up!

And most recently, I had some problems with a day cream that I've been using for a long time.  They recently 'expanded' their product range to include a Whitening and another another improved Non Whitening  variant,..that's the way I understand it.  I bought the Whitening version not knowing that my face will be have sensitive reaction to it.  Actually I didn't realise its different from what I 've been using. You know..what's like when they suddenly make changes and we don't actually see the differences.


Anyway..I scanned through their website..but couldn't find anything that explained the change.  My questions were simple..WHAT SHALL I DO? CAN I HAVE THE OLD PRODUCT BACK?   I tried calling the only phone number that I could find in the website for days but I couldn't get through. My friend who is working in the company offered to pass my contact to the PR dept.

I waited.

And waited.

I couldn't wait..I bought the other Non Whitening variant.  Reaction was slightly better..but it's still not as good as before. I had to apply water to dilute effect.  wtf..

Sorry for the lingo..but I'm really quite mad.  It's an established and international brand, by the way.

So..no calls.  I tried writing in via the International website since the local website doesn't welcome write ins.

No replies.  International brand my foot.


Alas, I managed to get through to the local office today. and actually managed to speak to someone.  Hurray~

And oh...they remembered my name.  They are aware that I'm expecting some response...and someone is actually checking with 'so and so' about my problem...and will be calling me in the next two days.


ahem...what went wrong here?
May be..they don't have a Customer Service setup? PR should not handle customer complaints..



But hello..international brand, what could be worse than desperate customer in need of advice not being able to reach you ?

I'm still waiting...


Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. That is why nvr judge a book by the cover. Maybe it looks damn good on the outside, but the inside aint any good.

    In M'sia lots of international brands or so called MNCs are worse than local brands or 'Chinaman' co.

    Trust me, I am speaking from personal experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....so funny WK....unfortunately is the truth...try tweetg again....u may get faster response .....or go to int'l skincare forum to discuss about....from wat i knw they have to monitor some of these discussions....afraid tt detrimental to their brandname

    ReplyDelete