Monday, March 05, 2012

荷包蛋 - Wallet Egg


An ex colleague / friend (Irene) invited us over for a simple dinner recently.  She and maids cooked nasi lemak.  There were chicken rendang, Indonesian tempeh, prawn sambal.  All the dishes were good.  But..there was one other simple dish that I loved most.

The 荷包蛋.

Slightly oily.  Slightly salty although she confirmed many times that she didn't add any salt.  Yolk was rare medium cooked - just the way I like it. Exactly like my mom's fried eggs.  I was so tempted to take two eggs~


Didn't remember to take any pics, didn't intend to blog about it anyway.  
Here's one from the net that looks the closest .  Simple yet looking delicious.

http://www.travelloves.com



Inspired by Irene, I tried making 荷包蛋 today.




No where near Irene's nor mom's.
Not rare enough.  Not wet enough.
No taste.


Hmm.. I miss my mama~




Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. You have to heat up the wok & oil enough and then crack the egg in & cook in slow fire.

    Practise, practise, practise

    ReplyDelete