Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dad's Foot



Five days ago I noticed Dad's got a swollen foot.



He told me that it's just minor swelling from a minor accident accident with a bus and there's nothing to worry about.  I quietly monitored him for a few days.  The swelling seems to be subsiding for the first 2 days though...

Last night, I noticed he was in some sort of pain. He claimed that cat must have scratched him on the wound while he was asleep. 

Hmm... it's time time to see a doc, I thought.


Coincidentally, my sis is available today. So I told her to come over, pretend to go out for lunch together, and then drag him to the doc. He normally listens to her more.






That's how the foot looks like today.  

Doc says it's infected and advised him to rest i.e. not to work for a few days (retire better still) otherwise the injury will get worse and will need more medical attention.  As always, he will insist that he has to work, he cannot take leave bla bla bla.

We've tried and given up coaxing him to stop working.  He kept saying that staying at home makes him very bored and dull.  So..we kept quiet and let the doc do all the talking.

Some  funnier part of their conversation went like this:

Doc:
"Uncle...you are already 80 years old...why do you still want to work, you don't need the money, why don't you retire and enjoy yourself by taking morning walks and then have early morning drinks with friends"

Dad:
"Go out for walks? Then people will 'pok' my head and rob me.." 

Doc:
"Ha??" 

(He then changed topic talking about current crime incidents..)

Doc:
"Uncle..I understand that it's difficult for you to admit that you have aged a lot and you may not be as fit and good as before. For example, I won't admit that I'm not good looking"

Dad:
"No la..it's not that you're not good looking, you will look good if one is to look at you for a longer time"


Doc:
*speechless*



That's my dad.

Doc's conclusion...

Uncle, you are very stubborn la. And you are so good at twisting the facts and arguing. I think you would become a good lawyer if you had the chance to further your studies when you're young..

:D








Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Wah I must learn from your Dad with his witty retorts leh

    ReplyDelete
  2. street smart uncle...lo yar buruk!!!

    ReplyDelete