Tuesday, July 24, 2012

In Recovery Mode



I've been kinda sick for some time. Felt a little 'bug' creeping up since the Friday before last week.  

Yep..that was like ages ago. It wasn't that bothersome in the beginning, so I loaded vitamin C and went on with my life, come to think of it I didn't feel anything wrong during the Shape Run on the following night.  The runny nose comes and go for about a week especially when there's a sudden change in temperature.  Then, it got worse this week after a day out with some friends and kids at a 'pool-party'.  My neck and body was achy since yesterday.

Got fed-up of the being lethargic and miserable, I gave in and went to seek treatment. As usual, I'd look for my old sinseh who always works wonders on me with his magical acupuncture method.  

Unfortunately, he wasn't in today. Was told that he hasn't been well and is on a break until further notice :(

I was referred to another doctor.  I was reluctant but without choice...had to give it a try.

Although relatively younger he seems experienced enough based on the questions that he asked.  He was very meticulous in going through previous notes on my card(s).  Basically, I told him that..my main reason being there was because of the cold and body aches..that got worse after the 'swimming'.  He paused and asked.."hmm..you have a cold and why did you go swimming?"

:D


Ya.so .he was quite meticulous Asked a lot of questions.  Was quite analytical.. Wasn't in a hurry at all. He didn't do any acupuncture but did the Gua Sha Therapy  on my neck and back.  It was quite painful especially on the neck and shoulder blades.  I'm all bruised and battered now but felt kind of relieved.  As with all Chinese medical doctors they arrived to similar and yet different conclusions. 

I.e. I have an imbalanced system (whatever that means).  Inner energy is relatively weak therefore I still feel tired despite regular exercise.  I need better quality sleep hence..advised to cut down coffee, preferably only 1-2 times a week :S  

He seems quite confident that if I can cut down on coffee, I'll have better inner health ...hmm.

He made an interesting point though - my active lifestyle helps to promote macro blood circulation, so I may feel strong on the outside but I'm actually weak on the inside.  Physical activities like running, cardio exercises helped with macro circulation but not micro circulation which benefits from activities like yoga, tai chi or qi gong.


Okay, hmmm...I'll make more effort to go back to body balance and / or yoga classes...

Cost of treatment   : RM45

Was given some medication for evening consumption before meal. Suppose to go back again on Friday.  Will see. If I'm better, no need to go back ler (that's from my reasoning not the doctor)


Meanwhile.. on a recovery mode.  Will make an effort to cut down coffee. Didn't have any since this morning.  Not fit to go to the gym tonight.  May be tomorrow :)




Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's time to go bk to tai chi classes. And do go bk for the follow-up check-up to ensure whatever ails are healed properly

    ReplyDelete
  2. u gotta learn how to eat right, the right nutrition, the right way to eat, always drink(soup, soda whatever) before you eat, let the fluid goes first otherwise it'd be stuck in the middle of nowhere... take some fluid supplements too, not the tablet kind

    ReplyDelete
  3. stretching is good too, if you know how, its good for the internal organs in Chinese medical theory

    ReplyDelete