Wednesday, July 04, 2012

A wise man's saying



An ex senior colleague is now semi retired..he drives a taxi now to past time and to earn some extra pocket money of course.  Recently, he shared with me some of interesting experience and people that he meets every other day.


One of his 'regular' customer is a sickly old man who has weak arms and legs due to a stroke.  Every other day, he will flag down a cab to go to random places..to beg. On some occasions he will claim that he doesn't have enough money to pay the fare.  Once he even claimed that he doesn't have any money!  What did my friend do? Nothing much.. no point getting angry, he said, in fact he continued taking him onboard, if he pays..it's good, if he doesn't treat it as a favour or charity gesture, he said.

Then, he told me about this big fat customer that he once took on board..asked to go to some destination quite a distance away.  The fare was about RM30 but this huge size customer only took out RM5 and said "this all I have"

When I heard all this..my jaws dropped. I never knew that there are such people ..lol.

I could only keep asking.."so what do you do ah?"

And my friend will say..

Well, firstly, I should be thankful I wasn't robbed!


Secondly, they gave me a chance to do good, I do lor,  after all they are giving me all the good karma, why not? They want to take bad karma, by all means.




Wow. Profound..!


Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I really learnt something from him :). He is truly someone who is looking at his glass half full instead of half empty

    ReplyDelete