Sunday, September 19, 2010

My 1st swimming lesson

Heh heh...it was just a swimming lesson that I went to :-P

Quite a big deal to me cos I never thought I will ever take proper swimming lessons.  Had always wanted to be able to swim the proper way, took the opportunity when Gan told me she had just started recently.  I will never do it alone..

I want to be able to "survive in water" not just swim for fun.

The course is RM180 for nine one hour lessons with a group of 6-10 students.  I haven't sign up..today is just a trial class.  There were about 6 of us.  We don't get 100% attention though...well it's a group session.  Obviously, the fee will be much more for one-to-one lessons.

I'm quite happy with today's experience.  Learnt some good tips on freestyle which I thought I already knew..obviously there are plenty of room improvement for improvement.  Also learnt the correct breast stroke kicking technique.

I think I will continue with the lessons.  If I do, next week, the coach will continue to guide me on breast stroke..then move on to other strokes.  By the end of the nine lessons..I'd guess we will be comfortable will all the different techniques.  Whether or not...I will achieve my objective of being able to survive in water...it depends on how confident I am and how often I practice, right? No?

Anyway..the lessons were held at the National Aquatic Centre in Bukit Jalil.  It used to look like this when it was build when Msia hosted the Commonwealth Games some years back.


SOURCE : http://www.cuti.com.my


Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this now.  The place is not well maintained at all. Very run down.  Disappointing... I forgot to take photos...cos we were busy checking out cute coaches from PowerSwim : D


I wonder if Beijing's Water Cube will end up like ours..

SOURCE :  http://www.architecturelist.com


Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment