Thursday, September 02, 2010

Which Mind are you?

Great minds discuss ideas, mediocre minds discuss events, small minds discuss personalities 
~Eleanor Roosevelt


Which are you?


I'm not so confident that I have a Great mind although  I do think I have 'great ideas' some times...but  the problem with me is most times I don't sustain or persevere to make the idea a success.


Discussing personalities? 
What exactly does that mean....assuming it means talking / gossiping about other people.......can I insist that I don't really do that often..although gossiping can be the mighty interesting especially when we run out of things to 'discuss'.  Let's just say that we don't talk about how 'so and so' dresses, how 'so and so' walks, what did 'so and so' say the other day...did we??...I'd insist that we were more Discussing about a 'Topic' in relation to 'so and so' ..for instance.....


..is 'so and so' pregnant?
..where is 'so and so' working now?




So...what are those?..somewhere in between Mediocre and Small minds?


So..where am I?


Great, Mediocre or Small?


I don't think it is possible to be solely one all the time.  We wear different 'hats' at different times..don't you think?


But I can't help but realise..that..I enjoy discussing events more -.-  


Discussing Ideas stresses me out..and I ain't that smart ..and Discussing Personalities ain't really my cup of tea.


So I'm Mediocre !


Not only that..I was telling a friend that..I don't really excel or challenge myself a lot.  Most times, I'm happy with just being there...just cruising through ..be it exams, at work, or in sports.


I was never really at the top.


Take running for example..I get excited about completing 10km, 12km..and later on the 21km (hopefully).  And I do hope that I will have better timing as I progress..if I progress..but then I don't really have a definite goal to achieve.  Unlike my friend who always set personal goals...e,g, to finish by certain time..or to be able to swim 20 laps non stop.


Mediocre...
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment