Sunday, September 26, 2010

Truly Challenged @ Newton 12km Challenge



It's actually quite easy to sum up the race.  I'm very sleepy and tired now....shall wrap this up short and sweet.

No no..it wasn't a sweet experience at all.






The entire run was nothing but slopes...I think only about 10% of the journey was on flat land :s
The slopes are not very steep but enough to flat me and lot's of others out.

What a challenge.



The route was quite boring.  Slopes slopes slopes..and nothing else. There's an U turn almost half way through and after that we make our back to where we came from.

It was very depressing seeing so many others making their way back on the opposite side of the road while your's truly here struggled on this other side :'(

Never before in my life that I was so looking forward to a U TURN.




I finally saw it! So happy that I had to take a picture.


Can you imagine what it was like after the U turn?  Yupe - downhill before becomes uphill. Uphill before becomes downhilll as we are back tracked to the starting point.

How interesting -.-


Advice for future participants if the race happens again in future at the same venue:


  • Bring your shades - it's gonna be very hot and sunny
  • Apply sunblock for protection - your pretty faces especially
  • Oh..it's gonna be smelly too...I think the landfill is nearby





So..I did finished the race. Yay.

Timing was about 1 hr 44 mins...according to my Baby G.  The official timing should be available in a few days time.




Now...I wanna rant about the medal!

Source : GLL's
 That's the medal I DIDN'T GET!

The lady who was just a few steps in front of me got it THOUGH.


Only the first 50% in a category will get the finisher medal.  I was actually thinking about over taking her in case it becomes a situation of 'either she or me' but I was too tired and I didn't wanna be so kiasu.

There were two guys at the finishing line. The one on the left gives out water bottle while the one on the right gives out the medal.

I reached out both hands...but I only got the water bottle : /  Only explanation is the lady is from the other Women's category - the veterans BUT I just checked the details again.  There are only two Women category :

12km Women Open (15 years and above)
12km Women Open (35 years and above)



She can't be in the 1st category ??!!


I WANT MY MEDAL!!!!







Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Aiyo nvr mind la. You win some, you lose some. At least you finished the race :)

    ReplyDelete