Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Urticaria 2.0


A good thing about having a blog is I can trace back 'historical data' of my life quite easily, at least those that I've blogged about.  My hives (urticaria) friends returned to visit me recently.  Similar symptoms like before, they'll come early in the morning when I rise or in the evening, and will appear at certain parts of the body especially places where clothing are tight like the waist line, etc.

Tracing back in this blog, I developed hives back in 2010 during CNY.  I blogged about it in March.  It went on for quite a long time.  Chinese sinseh said that it was due to weaker body (immune system?) - he recommended some herbs.  The GP didn't have an explanation.

I met up with Jas in August the same year, she was introducing Usana health supplements to me.  Ya..one of those MLM you and I would say.  At that time I was already taking GNC's Women's Ultra Mega (as a multi vit), Fish Oil and Masquelier's Pine Bark as anti oxidant.  


I'm not a fan of pill popping though..but Jas' intro talk on Usana made sense and since I was having issues with hives for months..I decided to switch to Usana with an open mind. I took the 'recommended set'.  It comes with :


..the Essentials (Multi vits) - AO Pro and Chelated Mineral - 2 bottles - one pill from each bottle , 3x a day. But I only take once at most twice a day :D


..there was also a bottle of Proflavanol - as anto oxidant


.. Bio omega III as fish oil supplement


Ya..many pills to swallow!  I don't take all everyday though..one or  two types a day against the recommended prescription :P


So..with an open mind..I took the supplements daily..often 'forget' during weekends ..but I think it was regular enough,..and over months..the hives stopped.


I wasn't not sure if it was entirely because of Usana....since I wasn't sure..I didn't brag about it.  In fact I had problems finishing the products I had to stop the delivery.  


And..I slacked recently..I have not been taking the supplements regularly since December.  Also been out of Omega III before December.   ..and right..the hives re-appeared during CNY this year!  I resumed intake as regular as I could since 2 weeks ago ..and I haven't had any hives in the last 2 days...  


Hmm.. amazing?


Whatever is it..as age catches up. And our my current lifestyle doesn't make it easy / convenient for us to get healthy balanced diet all the time.  So I guess..it's worthwhile to take in some form of supplements to help the body out.











Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment