Thursday, October 21, 2010

DogBone

You will either find this educational, funny or silly.

May be educational if you are not familiar with running events.

If you are a regular runner you may find this funny or informative...or you may end up laughing at the noob..yes, yours truly here.


A little bit of background for non runners :
Most running events will provide this 'device' known popularly as the D-tag to all runners, this tag is to be attached to all runners shoes and it serves as a timing device that records all participants individual timing upon completion of the race.



From what I understand, the D-tag is powered a tag chip and an antenna that ensures all runners start and end time are recorded flawlessly.

Below, I believe is what the antenna looks like.  It's labeled as the UPM Raflatac DogBone antenna.  Out of curiosity I googled and found that there was actually company website and located a pdf page about theis DogBone antenna alone!  It's very technical though..go HERE if you are interested.



So...why do you think I am rambling on losing sleep about this DogBone tag matter??

Well...I have to back track to the last run that I participated in few weeks back.  What happened was, for some mysterious reasons, the official results on the website did not have any records of my timing.  The organisers were equally puzzled too.

Why do you think I was able to take such a close shot of that DogBone?

It shouldn't be lying around.  It should be attached on the D-tag now attached to my shoe.  Correct? 

























Not.

If you peep through the D-tag, the DogBone is supposed to be underneath it.  It's not.  Yours truly here, left behind the DogBone when I was detaching the D-tag and was happily wearing a 'disabled' D-tag through out the race.


What a genius!


Informative, funny or silly? You tell me :D
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment