Tuesday, October 26, 2010

We Need No Tower

I don't usually blog politics nor current affairs.  Prefer 'lighter' matters but as a Malaysian I have to do this..

http://www.facebook.com/NoMegaTower

It's late..I'm not gonna say much.  I have not been following much of current affairs ...but then..it's quite straightforward.  Don't need a rocket scientist to understand what is the fuss all about.

RM5,000,000,000 to build another tower


Does that sound right?
That's a lot of money isn't it?

Since Day 2 after the budget announcement someone started an online campaign to protest against the RM5 bil tower.  I finally 'joined' the protest a while ago...not because I was patriotic and supportive of the government before this..I just didn't think clicking LIKE to an online protest will change anything.


Not only I clicked the LIKE button but I'm writing this post now..touching on a topic that I'm not familiar with.  Mainly because I got very upset when I was driving home today..

The road conditions! are getting from bad to worse! pot holes every where. syabas, tm, etc etc take turns to  to dig up the road ...and who suffers??..the motorists.  Underground foundation were badly done...potholes kept appearing.  I travel on the same route for the past seven years..and I don't see any improvement.
We don't need no Tower....fix basic infrastructure, fix basic mentality of developers, works dept, whoever responsible of maintaining the roads. If I'm not mistake..they've mentioned before that they do not have enough budget for these things.  


Secondly...the buses!  Bas kilang, Rapid KL and metro buses especially...are all not in the proper working conditions.  Disrupting traffic at a slow speed 20km per hour not to mention emitting thick black smoke. There are no proper schedules..they come and leave as and when they like.  LRT and LRT stations are not up to standard as well.  No need to look far..just hop over to Bangkok if you don't like to be compared to SG. Buses, taxis, tok tok, etc...in BKK are much much more well managed!
We don't need no Tower..fix basic public transportation, fix mentality of providers, operators.


That was only 2 main points.  I need not elaborate..although I can come out with many more...even though I'm half asleep now...e.g

...quality of teachers - more budget to improve training & salary to attract better candidates
...same goes to the police force..pay more ...and the quality will improve
...and the list goes on.


I manage projects of smaller scale at work..I know it is always easier and cheaper and takes less time and effort to "solve the surface" only..so that it looks good from the outside.  That's exactly what everyone is doing...not only the authorities but all of us. Time to change folks! Change from within. Solve the root cause of the problem!

Go http://www.facebook.com/NoMegaTower for more info.





Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment