Monday, October 18, 2010

Reality Check


I just checked ~ the last time I donated to Yvonne was November 2008. 
That was close to two years ago -.- and it wasn't much.  

While I continued to enjoy life Yvonne as always soldiered on her constant fight in life.  

I linked myself to her page in facebook with an initial intention to keep myself updated, but, to be honest, I wasn't really paying as much attention as I needed to.  The number of surgeries, the variety of complications that Yvonne had gone through , it takes one very strong heart and mind to keep track let alone experience  .........many times I'd very shamefully chose not to read too much in detail. Yes..it's denial.  I was selfish..I chose to look at happy pictures of friends travelogue....read happy blogs..than to be reminded that life can be quite cruel and unfair when it needs to be.

Yvonne's dad had just passed away over the weekend after a long battle with illness. I cannot possibly imagine how this gal (who is the only child)  find the strength to manage all these obstacles in life.  Yvonne's been using her own medical funds to pay for her dad's medical needs.  According to her latest blog update the cortege leaves today 19th Oct  and she shall carry on to with her original plan to participate in a clinical research at National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland on 25-28th October.

Reality check.  My finances are not in the best shape lately...and yet I'm still thinking about life's little luxuries.
Why not put those money in a better place?


Yvonne is in constant need of medical funds. If you are feeling charitable today, tomorrow, next week, anyday...think of Yvonne:

Details for donations:
Maybank A/C no. 512222060663
Name: Foong Ming Niang

Click HERE for other alternative ways to support Yvonne.


Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Hello there. I only manage to read this post today. Thank you for writing about your thoughts and feelings about our lives. I hope you are well.

    Yvonne Foong

    ReplyDelete