Friday, October 22, 2010

Treadmill Accident

So..I just finished counting how many bruises I have after falling quite dramatically off the treadmill at the gym a couple hours ago.


..three bloody fingers
..both knees bruised
..both elbows bruised
..minor lesions on both arms
..right jaw feels funny
...right ankle slightly sore

Hope that's about it and no surprises emerge tomorrow morning.  Most visible wounds and bruises are minor except a huge nasty one on the left knee :-(  Will take a pic when there are more colours :-P

What happened?

Some idiot left the treadmill running after using it, I stepped on it ...felt the earth move under my feet and ...  went tumbling down.  Took me a while to realise what was happening , why was I suddenly down and why is everything moving...and then THUD I landed on the floor.

A personal trainer who was nearby quickly came over to stop the treadmill and helped me up.  I was totally dazed and numbed, even stepped on the treadmill and started it and wanted to continue doing what I intended to do ..run.  The gal next to me kept asking of I was alright. offered me a drink..while the analytical and curious part of me ..started to ask questions.   While she was all concern about me..I was asking her questions :D Was this thing moving?  Did the previous person leave it on?  How did he step down when the machine was still  moving?  She said that he just hop onto the sides and left.


IDIOT.

I continued trying to digest the information..at the same time ..trying to see if I could walk or run comfortably while the kind gal still checking to see if I'm alright.  Then I saw my bloody fingers...

The evening didn't start well anyway..  Was feeling a bit woozy during and after the combat class..so I was deciding if I should head home but decided to stay on for a short run and hopefully go for body balance class later on.  Normally I will be refreshed after some balancing and stretching.


Whoever you are..thanks to you..I had to skip all that and ended all sore and bruised.


While driving back home....in pain and feeling very sore inside out...I texted Gan and SH...only because they are my other two running mates who use the treadmill to run...thought It's easier to relate.  SH's reaction was funny though..it went something like this ~ oh my..I pok kai too 2 days ago ~


That made me LOL.
P/s : Pok Kai is Cantonese and it means falling flat face down on the floor/street.


So ...guys and girls..learnings from this post?


Treadmill users :
- After using : please please..have some sense. Stop the machine before you leave.
- Before using : Check if machine is moving before stepping on it.


Come to think of it...fortunately...it was me and not some other older folk who fell today.  As far as I can remember...I totally lost control..no time to grab or hold on to anything...just crashed...and down I went.  I could have hit my head or something. Quite dangerous.











Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. erhhh ... you can't see it is running when u r near it? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the 'idiot' is referring to you also lar kekeke... Next time becareful yah...:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time when you are in the gym, better be more focus & pay attention, dun daydream ah. Mmmm on another thought, maybe someone is sending u a message to take the evening off cos u not feeling 100% well

    ReplyDelete