Saturday, March 10, 2007

Badminton

I went to play badminton just now after more than a yr not playing. Can't remember the last time I played...may be with Alex...the guy that CLK wanted to introduce me (who happened to be married!) or may be with CK (an old friend who passed away suddenly some time last year).

This time I played with my cousin and her father and my sis. Cousin has invited me a few times..once a year every time we meet during CNY. I always said that I will try to go...she palys with her colleagues n BF (now hubby) every Friday from 7-9pm. This time I finally went...she decided to bring her father as well, since he was a badminton freak during his younger days. He retired from work 6 mths ago and has been very inactive since..so she thought of getting him back into the game. Plus...her hubby's not around tonite..so ..she is free to do her own thing.

My game's a bit rusty - thought I'd be fit and strong since I've been working out, but I am not. Again, it's probably a different ball game..different muscle group, different mechanics, etc. Sis says...may be body still recovering from surgey kua. Well, doc did say that the inside will take about 2 months to heal.

My uncle is 65 yrs old. 10 years ago when I played with him, he was very good and strong. He hit the shuttlecock right to the back of the court and I always had difficulty hitting back strongly. Tonight, he is totally diferent. His strokes were weak, he missed a lot of shots and was tired after a while. He seems dissappointed and defeated. He said that he has never palyed so badly...said he couldn't see clearly and had difficulty hitting the shuttle accurately.

To us,...he still has the skills..just need to regain his strength and accuracy. So..we keep encouraging him to stay active..don't just stay at home in front of TV.

At least he is 65 yrs old lo...me not even 35 also rusty liao. Think the game is too impactful for my rusty bones too :(
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. :(

    I am afraid of getting old too, sob sob ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WSL you are just rusty. I am sure with more games you will be OK :)

    ReplyDelete