Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sponsor A Child?

Do you see that sweet child on the left of this column? Have you ever thought of sponsoring a child? This year is the 10th anniversay of World Vision in Malaysia Their mission this year is to find 5,000 - 500 for each year they have been in service, 15 chidren sponsored each day.

I've been sponsoring a 14 yr old girl in Mongolia for almost 3 years. I pay RM51++ (with tax) via credit card each month. The money will not go direct to the girl. All funds will go towards development work for the community that the child stays in. It may be school programs, farms, etc. I recieve program updates very often. I also receive pictures of the child. We are not encourage to contact the child and family directly but we can keep in touch via the World Vision office in the respective countries. I have written to her twice. Once I used a world map to explain to her where I am vs. where she is. She loved it.

With their monthly contributions of RM50.00, we are helping more than 14,000 children in China, Mongolia, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Lebanon, Myanmar, South Africa and Cambodia.

Sponsor a child today ...go to the website to find out more and act today!
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. You are so kind and sweet to write this .. I am so shame of myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fafa..dun be ashamed. U r a sponsor too. I cakap banyak saja...u are kind too in ur own quiet ways.

    ReplyDelete