Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sewing

My grandfather was a professional tailor and my mom inherited his skills. She used to make alot of our clothes e.g. school uniforms, shorts, etc. She also used her skills to earn extra income sewing door mats, caps, sports shorts etc etc. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit any of her skills. I never liked sewing. I knew that as early as 9 yrs old..when I had JAHITAN class in school.

I just confirmed that I should not even attempt to be a tailor. A few days ago I decided to re-attached a button on one of my pants. Have not been using that pant for a few months liao..and I really need it back now since I have lost some weight, thus, a few of my newer pants looks like "lai si foo" on me. So..I took opportunity of the CNY break to re-attached that button. It is suppose to be a fairly simple task..I've done that many times previously.

On one of the mornings last week, I happily took out the pant to wear. Guess what? I attached the wrong button!..The button I used was way too large for the original hole - DARN! That's failure no. 1

Just a while ago, I attempted to replace the button with the correct one. As I was skillfully sewing the button on - Guess what?? The needle snapped and broke! Have you ever heard of that happening??

Sigh...my mom will be either shaking her head in dissappointment or laughing at this silly daughter of hers.
Best Blog Tips

2 comments: