Sunday, March 04, 2007

Farmland Steamboat & Seafood Restaurant

I've been to this restaurant a couple of times. Most of the time we go there in a huge group for an enjoyable fun meal. Their specialty is steamboat using porridge instead of soup. I personally like it becos I find it relatively healthier and light. Not as heaty, meaty and oily compared to other chinese meals. It's not everyone's favourite though..mainly because it can be quite pricey and some thinks the food has too much MSG - thirsty after eating wor.

The last time we went to this restaurant was back in Novemebr 06 (I think..). It was raining heavily so we had to use an umbrella. Since we travelled in my car..my umbrella duly served it's duty. It's a very special umbrella (no..it is not a special gift from someone), it is a gift from Shell Helix upon purchase. It's huge and specially designed, I would say first time an umbrealla designed with double layer e.g. a little break to allow wind to travel through so that the user doesn't lose balance during strong winds.

Upon entering the restaurant, we left the umnbrella at the umbrella stand at the entrance. After more than 2 hours chit chatting and stuffing ourselves..we happily left without the umbrella. It was already the next day when I remembered it. The restaurant is all the way down town in Pudu, it's too troublesome to go back down to look for it. That doesn't mean I don't regret leaving it behind.

Last month, I was in Pudu again for dinner with PPL and LCN. I decided to try my luck. PPL guided me to the restaurant and she went inside to check for me (I was driving). To our surprise, the umbrella is still there. The owner explained that they will normally keep nice umbrellas in case customers come back for them. But it's been 2 months!

I am so impressed. Although pricey, I don't mind going back there more times. I respect them for their sensitivity to their customers. Business is already good but they still take the extra steps to take care of their customers...way beyond their core business deivery.

Way to go...

Farmland Steamboat & Seafood Restaurant
362 - 366, Jalan Pudu
55100 Kuala Lumpur
tel:03-2141 9297
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. I would have keep nice things if it is FOC :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such great service! I must check out this restaurant when i'm home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah so good, must go and support this place more :)

    ReplyDelete