Friday, March 02, 2007

I faxed the following letter to my credit card centre on the 27th February. As mentioned in the letter, I had to do this every damn year. The 1st time I did it, I wrote long paragraphs explaining why I deserved a fee waiver..that I've been very loyal..that I only had one card bla bla. Last year..I just cut it short by saying something like ..."what is this..I have to request again..don't you guys have customer retention programs.."

This year..I didnt bother to write any story...just straight to the point....

RE: REQUEST FOR ANNUAL CREDIT CARD FEE WAIVER

This is my third request. I am not happy that I have to do this every single year despite the fact that I have been a loyal to (BANK NAME) for quite a number of years.
My credit card (No. xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx).

Looking forward to some prompt and positive initiative.


The fee was reversed on the 28th Feb. Not being stingy here...the fee charged was RM160 ler...I spent thousands and thousands on this card every year ler.
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem with my credit card company too until this year. I was planning to cancel my card and I called up to enquire abt it.

    When they asked the reason for my cancellation, I told them coz I need to pay annual fee. And to my surprise, they waived the annual fee immediately but with the condition that I have to use my credit card for a minimum of 12 times in the next 12 mths. That is only an average of 1 usage per month........so that is easy. Hence I decide to continue using the card.........till next year at least ;)

    ReplyDelete