Saturday, August 29, 2009

Facebook World

Slightly unwell today. Was perfectly fine until evening :( Had to cancel makan spree with GHY. sorry. Doc says nothing to worry about....'wai fong' a.k.a. gastric wor.

For those who are linked to me in Facebook will know that I update my status almost daily. Quite some time back I managed to link it to Twitter, meaning my Twitter updates equal Facebook status.

Read an article a few days ago that reported that analysts concluded that Twitter users tend to come from the older age group (even more so for commercial / political purposes) whilst the young ones tend to prefer Facebook, Friendster or other form of social platform that are more 'close' in comparison to Twitter. It probably means that FB updates are more confined to one's own circle of friends..or rather one gets a captured audience. Whilst for Twitter...it's open to the world...everyone sees you..and comments or feedbacks are relatively less interactive.

Hmm...not sure what I'm trying to get at already. Lost in my own words :D

Anyway..I do wonder sometimes if I should stop updating so regularly in FB. And sometimes I wonder why I bother to update. Trish told me that she doesn't update much..cos she wants some 'privacy'. Why do I update? What do I update? Most times..my updates are lil thoughts for the day or lil things that happend to me..that I wished to share to the FB world. Is that showing off?

Yesterday...I simply put up an *AHEM* Today I announced that I raced an Accord in the morning. Was I showing off?

May be.

It's all in the name of fun actually. It's very interesting to note..the kind of things that will attract interest or excitement. Soemthing like..showbiz. Certain film are best sellers some jus flopped. I've also been posting selected notes or videos in FB and not here. Some things,.I just wish to share to a larger captured audience, hence, FB.

When I got home just now..I posted that I was "home.gastric" Nice to see some well wishes. Attention seeking? *shrug*

Sometimes a *single word* can generate a long list of hilarious reactions.

Fun indeed.

Just keep it fun and simple folks. It's pretty straightforward for me..no bitching, no work related matters....and it wil be fun.


Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Different ppl have different views on this. It all depends on how comfortable you are to share your 'life' with your frens and the whole wide world.

    Just make sure you din divulge too much private and confidential info about yourself and your frens - as a safety precaution

    ReplyDelete