Sunday, August 02, 2009

Intelligent Owner Not



When I first got the Latio in April..I wrote about the intelligent car and it's intelligent key (see above):

...Still have yet to work out a 'idiot' proof system. I bet you....the day will come where I will be writing here on least one clumsy incident about yours truly here..locking myself out of the house without the I-key or leaving the I-key in some other place or bag..whatever.

Another thing..is I still use the steering lock..mainly for deterent purposes. It's so uncool to have the steering lock key attached to that sleek I-key, so I attached it to my house key instead. A bit tricky right. Especially when I don't have a habit of carrying house key with me all the time.





My prediction came true today. About four months after. As seen in the pic above, the ignition doesn't need a key to start. As long as I have the intelligent key with me in the bag or pocket, the car starts just by turning the ignition knob.

Basically, I had to get use to getting in and out of the car without the habit of pulling or inserting a car key into the ignition. I've lost count how many time I sat down staring blankly..trying to work out what I should do to start the car. There were also many times when I alighted and attempted to lock the car without turning off the engine.

Since I still use a steering lock for deterrent purposes,..it gets even more tricky when I have to remember to bring along my bunch of keys so that I have the steering lock key with me...




Today. I left the house without the bunch of keys, and applied the steering lock not knowing that I do not have the key with me!

I need not elaborate on the outcome of such an "intelligent" act ..isn't it?
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment