Thursday, November 19, 2009

About Helping Giving Out

When I was talking to ML about the upcoming charity books sale, she made a remark ~ "WSL is not the type to be active is such work, WSL seems more like the type who will just donate cash and done"

I have to admit she was quite right there.  I really don't and never do much apart from making monthly contribution  via credit cards to selective organisations. 

I got involved with M.A.D.E by accident actually.  Was snooping around FB as usual and stumbled upon this group that Elena just set up...asked about it...found out about the plan..decided to donate some stuff...and suddenly found myself in the team!   lol~

Todate I still have not attended any of the meetings :P.  All I've done were merely collecting books and sending word out via FB, this blog and emails.  I've improved by leaps ok.. At least I check Gmail more often for updates from the team :-P   Oh..I distributed flyers too..insert into mail boxes and on cars to be exact.  Was at as far as Bukit Rimau to collect tons of books from PPL .  Of course..the incentive for going all the way was..a good meal of bak kut teh :P and catching up with a good friend.




My dad had been complaining that my boxes are attracting termites :D

Meeting with Geetz and WK tomorrow for lunch to collect books and pass them some flyers.  We are taking this opportunity to go eat the infamous fish head curry too.  haha..yes..we take every opportunity to eat...good stuff.  Btw..WK and Geetz do not know each other..but they have something in common ..a good heart :-)  MK also came last week to drop some good books.  We ate fish head curry too.  Before this..there were YHL, LSL, Chris....I think...on all collection ocassion..there were some element of food that came together with the main purpose.  All work no play (food) make me a dull person ma. 

Anyway...not that I'm doing a lot...the others in the team had done lots more. Sourcing for venues, endless meetings, endless efforts , taking leave to get things done, volunteering to be sandwich man,  etc etc etc.





Look..they got it into RED.FM's bulleting board!  Great work eh?

JH ..another friend also volunteered to help on the day of the sale. Actually she said that her underlying purpose is to check out the Kamasutra book .hahahha. Ahem..I didn't say anything.

And oh..how can I leave out super angel WK who insisted on buying brand new books worth a couple of hundreds for the sales.


Basically..it is refreshing...to be exposed to such heart warming gestures......kinda feels like..there is so much hope and love outhere in humankind.

Like tat lor. Lost my momentum a bit.  Not too sure what I'm arriving at.  Had some ideas earlier in the evening but I went out to the gym. Was caught with replying gmails and sms...then lend a listening ear (via gtalk) to a friend who was ahving a tough time at work...and here I am still here...lost in my own blog.

Too sleepy now to make any sense out of all these paragraphs.
Just wanted to record down this a little different experience for myself...since ...as ML rightly pointed out I don't usually do such things seriously ^.^

See you at the MADE Sales !
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. You make me blush la. I am just making a very small contribution only. Hope the books will be sold out :)

    ReplyDelete