Sunday, November 08, 2009

Why did I choose Lumix Lx3?

Just realised that I haven't really mention what made me finally decided to get the LX3 instead of say the FZ35 or Canon's G11 or Sx20 or Nikon's P90...since I was initially more interested in style.  Well..I initially thought it's so much more stylo to hold a bigger bulkier gadget.  I was actually eyeing the FZ35 since I didn't quite like the others. However..as days goes by..the practicality issue struck me harder and harder.  And of coure..I've said many times....my liking towards LX3 grew by day.

Wait..I just saw the Panasonic recently released a GF1. Whoa...looks similar to LX3 ler. How come nobody recommended to me ler?  tsk tsk tsk. 





Just found this simple yet informative review by wirefresh.  According to the article, GF1 is like a grown up of LX3.  How cool.  It's a DSLR by the way.  No wonder no one recommended to me..I was only targeting a semi-pro. lol.  So...if you are looking for a less bulky DSLR....there's an option now..Lumix GF1!

That leads me back to why I chose LX3.  Yeah..because of convenience.  I cannot imagine myself carrying such a bulky gadget with me all the time.  Especially when I'm a so called blogger that love to take candid shots of food, people, places...imagine..in the midst of eating with  friends or family..and I whisk out this this bulky gadget to take a pic of the...food for example.  I just don't see myself doing that.  In fact I used to glare at Trish whenever she takes out her DSLR and forced us to pose for her!

Jenny who owns a G10 also confirmed that she only utilise her gadget when she is out travelling...not at social ocassion. 

There you go..how I decided to go compact instead of style & size.

Besides..as I mentioend numerous times here:

LX3 is cool.
LX3 is smart looking.
LX3 is good to be seen with.

Hmm....I should get Panasonic to pay me for all these free publicity.

Looks aside...the LX3 does have quite good specifications.  As you would have already noticed..I'm more a sucker for looks and style..less techy.  So..i won't try too hard to be techy here.

But over the few weeks, when I did little short read up, rersearches and window shopping on the few short listed models...comments and reviews about the offerings of  LX3 did leave me with more confidence.  Was told over and over again that it's aperture range of F2.0 to 2.8 is extraordinary and can't be found in most cameras.  This translates to better picture quality..especiall when shooting in darker surroundings.  Great isn't it.

Ok..I made my points ..I think. I won't bore you anymore with stories about LX3.  But..you will definitely see more pics ...hahah..until I get bored showing off. 

Leaving you here with a  little expriement I did today with the panaromic maker software.  Nice?




Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. If compact, practicality, able to bring out anytime to take candid shot is the criteria, why not a good camera phone? Like the Sony Ericsson Cybershot phones? or.. cough iPhone? We all always carry a phone. Now you have to carry two devices ie mah fan and cumbersome. You contradict yourself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. a phoen is still a phone. no matter how 'good' the camera in the phone is ..it can nvr replace a real camera. dun u see the diff in quality my fre :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. phone camera has one of the crappiest picture qualities around, not to mention the high noise even on good lighting.

    ReplyDelete