Saturday, November 07, 2009

Finally Decided - Panasonic's Lumix LX3 it is!

La di da...it's finally here..with me..in my arms :-)






Deep inside I wanted it. It's just that I couldn't decide if I should have a 'gaya' (i.e. stylish) looking model like the FZ35 or a compact LX3 and the fact that EVERYONE's recommending Canon made it even more difficult for me to make a decision.





See for youselves.  Canon S90 on the right and Lumix LX3 on the left.  Do you see the vast difference?  My friend Jenny who has more experience with cameras preferred Canon after trying both.  The salesperson at the Canon booth was very convincing BUT I just couldn't get myself to own 'that thing'.  I'm not going to say more...don't want Canon to come after me ..hehe.  It's just personal..I don't like it.
 
So I was depressed.  that no one ..and nothing was convincing enough to push me to make the final decision.
 
Almost went home empty handed man..then..I told the gals to accompany me to Key Color ..a camera shop at the second floor in MV.
 
I was so happy ...I tell..you...when the guy confidently explained to us the key differences between the two models.  Don't care if he is bias or not (he's wearing a Lumix sponsored t-shirt)..though he claimed he is not from Lumix...don't care..but his explanation were clear and pretty fair for both models.
 
I just needed to hear something good for LX3 and it's MINE!
 
Some test pics I took over dinner at Spaghetti Grill.  We have re-named it to 'Chang Kam Tit"..apparently a spin-off from Chilli's..Chris who is a regular to Chilli's thinks that everything here is a 'little less nice' compared to Chilli's ..haha.
 
 


My verdict??

Salad's not bad ...



Pasta..not bad too..but Pizza..not very good..that's why no picture...even picture didn't look tasty :-D




So how..the pic quality ok or not?

Lot's more functions to learn.  I wonder if I will ever go through the manually thoroughly.






 
 
Guess what...so excited with my new toy..I forgot to take the meds -.- Only remembered to take a while ago...at 1am! 
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha you just could not resist could you? Anyway you have already made up your mind for a Lumix so no matter what good things ppl say abt Canon, you will not 'listen'. All you need is just ONE person to tell you the good thing about Lumix, and voila!!!!

    So what's next on your shopping list? Your house perhaps ;)?

    ReplyDelete