Sunday, June 27, 2010

Did it again :)

It's barely 4am and I'm already up.  In fact I've been up since 3am..that's less than 3 hours sleep :s  We are to leave the house in about an hours time to catch the 6am train to town @ Jamek LRT station.  There should be more than sufficient time for us to walk to the starting point by 7am.

That's the flag off time for the popular 10km race of 2010 KL Marathon :)

I wonder how I will do with only three hours sleep!  Wished I rested more yesterday..may be shouldn't have played badminton..the ankle feels bit sore.


I'm hungry.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Woot.  I'm back!




One more medal in the pocket : P


I still don't know how to read the stop watch.


Been asking around..the most convincing answer was an hour and seven minutes.  May be right since the clock at the Sultan Abdul Samad Building was about 8.15pm by the time I wandered back to the field after giving up on getting water and then collected the medal.

Quite happy with my time :)

Official time should be available in a day or two.  Official time detected from the Chrono Tag on our shoe..cool eh?




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Yawns.  Hi, I'm back once again.  Had to take a nap.  Too tired. Still in bed when typing this.  My leg muscles feels very sore.  Hope I can walk!


Apparently, we can also view the time from the clock at the finishing line, I didn't notice that :D.  Basically, the finishing line was very crowded.  Simply not like what you would imagine , e.g. running past gloriously with all eyes and claps focusing on you.  Nope, it is not like that in the 10km category , haha, there were at least twenty other runners crossing at the same time with me!




Yes, there were more than five thousand runners in this fun category.  Very very fun to be one of them :)

How did I feel / did I do  this time?



Well, I definitely enjoyed the run more than Ekiden.  Largely because it wasn't sunny.  The weather was actually quite cooling.  It was crowded when we started and crowded through out the journey..unless one speeds up front from the beginning  ...it was a crowded and slow run all the way.

Almost impossible to walk leisurely unless you don't care being left behind :D But I did stop to pee after the first water station.  Yeah..I wonder why too but it was a good decision, felt lighter after letting go. Haha.

Was tempted to stop for roti telur while running pass Brickfields..the aroma was so good..hard to resist!

Timing wise..ok la..given that I stopped to pee and an ankle wasn't doing 100% well. But I must say this time around I ran with better techniques ( I think so la) i.e. distributed the impact & weights lightly...e.g not running like an elephant basically.  So..I wasn't limping like after the run.

Even walked about and hung around for quite long to wait for SH to return from her virgin 21km.  She made it..!  I'm inspired : )


Till next time..ciao.

Next run : July 31st - Shape Run



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

: ( Just found out that a fellow 10km runner had passed away after collapsing and went into seizure about 1hr into the run.  Very unfortunately, he passed away in the ambulance despite desperate resuscitation by passers by.  What's even more disappointing is the extremely ill prepared medical help for 10km runners.  I was looking forward to some deep heat for my aching knee and ankle but there were no sign of St John ambulance through out the route.

My minor aches are nothing...we lost a life here.


Apparently help only arrived after 15-20 mins after desperate shouting and searching by fellow runners.  And the ambulance was totally not equipped when it arrived.  Thirdly, there were DBKL officers stationed nearby and they did NOTHING to help. 

Read more about the incident HERE

I believe quite strongly in fate and karma...but this I cannot accept.

I'm both angry and sad.








Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Go for it..............21km is just slightly double 10km ;)

    ReplyDelete