Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tiring Weekend

The weekend was exhaustive.  It was a longer three days weekend due to Wesak Day .  I was 'suffering' from long weekend hangover.  It was only one day difference..but it was hell of a weekend ..at least I feel so.

My normal two day weekend are pretty routine at least for the past year:

  • Pre-weekend outing on most Fridays
  • Both days starts with a healthy dose of endurance class at the gym (some times a short run nowadays)
  • Badminton had been a must on Sunday afternoons
  • Some quality (non quarelling) time having lunch or dinner with dad
  • Chores at home - bath the dogs, two rounds of laundry (dark & light colored), hand wash laudry, may be some cleaning around
  • Occasional catching up sessions with friends
  • Occasional catching up with sis/ bro or niece/nephew
  • Occasional drive to the car wash
  • Occasional grocery replenishing
  • Some me time at home catching with the traditional idiot box and of coz the cyberspace is an everyday affair
How did I ended up a total wreck when there is one additional day to rest.  Shouldn't one be even more refreshed with an additional day rest?

Here's what I ended up doing:


  • Pre-weekend on Thursday nite was quite relaxing..in fact I didn't even have any outing 
  • Made a point to go for a RPM session on Friday morning cos I know I won't have time for any workout in the the following two days
  • Followed by lunch with sis..since my original lunch partner fell ill
  • Followed by badminton :P ..replacement for missing Sunday's game 
  • Can't remember what I did at night..think I stayed at home to prepare for the next day
  • Went on a road trip with Dad the next day :) ..no gym no workout..just me and him..and the road and food
  • Wanted to wake up early on Sunday for a jog..but couldn't..in fact I overslept.  I had a 9am appointment but only woke up at 8.50!!
  • Sunday was very tiring.  Was stuck in  a boring society meeting for the whole morning and afternoon...rushed to BSC for a gathering ...sort of missed lunch but the gathering was awesome fun.
  • Next..made my way to Sentral to pick up my bro n family ..got lost...their flight was delayed..waited and waited..
  • Next ..proceed to cousin's baby gal full moon do..helped to baby sit, entertained FAQs from close relatives....before retiring back home
I'm tired just typing everything out.     

By end of the weekend, I was stuffed and stiff.  Dogs not bathed.  Only did second round of laundry just now.

I needed a work out badly.
Wanted to wake up early to go for a jog ...the alarm came on at 6am..but I drifted back to sleep.

Successfully dragged myself to a class in the evening, feel so much better now.

Will take a few more days to get back into shape.









    Best Blog Tips

    2 comments:

    1. Reading your post also tiring me!!! Knew your bro went back to Bangkok as Johnny told me he had to get someone else to fetch your bro to the airport and I already booked him on the same morning :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. haha,.tq for reading evetho u r in faraway land

      ReplyDelete