Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Post SCKLM

Here are official results from the run :)





The net time is 1 hr 17 mins. Ten mins later than my stop watch...I wonder why ler.

Never mind la..still faster than the first run..I and felt better during and after this run compared to the previous two experience.


The post run effect during the last few days had been somewhat crazy.


Walking, getting out of bed, climbing / coming down the stairs, sitting down, getting up... were all painful tasks.

Secondly, most fellow runners are still somewhat emotional emotional about the death of the young runner.  Angry and emotional views are all over facebook and blogs. There are many angles in question here.

One, about how dangerous is the sport? There have been too many random cases of casualties related to running lately.  But then..as I was telling Suz..even driving on the road has its risk.  So..we don't drive?  

Two, about our own responsibility to our own life , health and loved ones.  Always keep a close watch on your own well being.  Are you up to it? Are you putting yourself to too much risk?

Three, the main trigger of the whole incident here.  The organisers' preparation and professionalism handling the entire situation : pre, during and post event.  I feel for them.  But then..we are talking about a life here.. 

I have not decided if I wanna include a post about the matter here.  Will wait and see.  Actually..I've pretty much said my piece ... indirectly.


Back to my own post run effect ..ya,.I was saying it has been crazy.

Besides nursing the pains and aches...which are not all misery...it's what I call  "happy pain" ..haha.."achievement pain"...Oh..I surprised myself by being able to go back to the gym for RPM and combat last night \o/


Besides the pains and aches..I am also going through post run addict emotional stress...all my fellow running friends are totally addicted crazy now.

Each day I get different invitation and suggestions on which and when is our next running event.  I'm totally stressed out. :D

At one point we were even considering to concur the 21km category..thanks to Jenny for challenging us.  Luckily someone sensible put some sense into us.


Some of the craziest remarks..for laughs:

..if my Mother in law can do 21km ..I am sure I can too!
..next run is in end July..what's in between and what about Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov???
.. the blisters very cute ... i really need to show you the pics ...
..i think i WILL consider 21km in SG because shrek will come cheer you on!  how COOL is that??? 



Told you..it's been crazy!

















Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment