Monday, January 10, 2011

Back to school

Attended a simple event on Saturday, organised by my secondary school's alumni association. The turn out was not too bad at all with a good mix of representatives from the 70's right up to the 90s. Cool~

The theme was : Health Walk @ Taman Tasik Titiwangsa, one of the more prominent garden lake in the city.



For me..this is the right location for the occasion..cos I used to hang out here alot when I was young.  The flat I was staying in was near by, we used to come here for morning or evening walks.  My dad used to bring us here for evening outings too...this is where I cried like a baby when he forced me to jog with him..not allowing me to stop when i wanted to :'(

When we were bigger, my bro and I played truant by lying to our parents about coming here to jog but in actual fact we went to the McD nearby to have beef burgers :P

So..anyway, we were here on a beautiful Saturday morning.  Many were late..we were suppose to register ourselves at 7am..I only arrived around 7.30..some at around 8, some even later.  Some got lost but eventually arrived.  Malaysian time indeed.

We had a great time though.  There were quite a handful of us from the same year or  a year or two  older.  It would be more fun if more came.

Imagine a group with some big difference in age but yet we share one commonality..for instance, a lady told me she graduated in 1971, but I wasn't even born then! We share one commonality though - we were from the same school.  But whoa..she looks damn good for her age..what an inspiration.


I also chatted with some seniors who are 2-3 years older, don't think I've spoken to some of them before in school..but familiar faces. Just added one in FB cos she is into running as well :)


Most of my closer friends (whom I kept in touch and meet up often in recent years) didn't manage to make it, so I ended up catching up with those that I have not hang out with for many many years.







We stayed back to chit chat over coffee and snacks at a small stall under the tree by the lake. Somethng I have not done for ages...in this Coffee Bean and Starbucks era.

We chatted like old days..

I was the only Chinese..which is so rare to happen in my current life, but, this was very common in school.  Zarina was my partner in class during the final two years.  Norhayati used to sit behind me ..and we were school mates since primary and we were both prefects in secondary.  There is also Rita, also knew here since primary and we were best friends before.  Faizah..knew her since primary too....played badminton with her before ..and sat behind me in one of the class.

Fond memories....






Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment