Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just rambling

"Never invest your money in anything that eats or needs painting"
Got the above from dudequotes @ Twitter.


Funny but makes quite a lot of sense ins't it?


Well, I'm not sure what it was meant to mean...but I read it as :




Investing in things that eat will be a child or children for example.  On a lesser degree will be pets.  My friend who is a mother to two kids once told me ...that the responsibility and 'burden' starts the moment you start carrying the child in you.  


You worry about whether the baby gets enough nutrients from you.
You worry about the baby's development.
You worry about the birth process.
....it's never ending...may be not even on the day you die.


Seriously...


.. and then there are other things like money and "investments" involved?
Medical fees the from pre-birth to post birth, milk, food, nanny, education ...loads and loads of money.




So..that's something that eats ~ they eat into your wealth, your youth, your time, your life :P  Just like how we ate up our parents' everything.  Quite a vicious cycle..if you ask me.


Being single (STILL) and heading towards....'permanent' singlehood...I can't help but be thankful that I am free from this 'burden'.


Let's try to imagine..if everyone on this earth do not re-produce.  How much lower the world's stress index would go?  Population will go down, less pollution, more wealth?  Quite a controversial thought eh?  






What about something that needs painting?


A house / property came to my mind. Or a car may be.


Make sense?  You invest in a RM400K house for example. You take up 80% loan. End up having to work for at least 20 years to pay off the loan before you can retire.  By then we will be too old to enjoy life..to travel around the world.  Probably no retirement savings left. 




How does that compared to paying rental..? 


90% of the payment goes to interest...but when we rent, 100% of the 'investment' goes to the the owner and at the end of the day, he / she owns the house not us.  In other words, we helped them to pay for the house if we rent.


Hmm..so..is it worth while to own a house ? 






Just rambling....




My father had once again stated his wish on not moving with me.   Although he was the one who insisted that I get my own property. Technically, I should rent out the place to get some rental income..i.e. get someone to pay for me, but I can't bear to let someone stay at a brand new bigger place while I stay put in a smaller and older house!




... life is so complicated!












Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Well renting it out and get some rental income is better than letting it sit there and you have to spend on it

    ReplyDelete