Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Do you clean your Iphone?

If you've read my previous post, you would have read that I prefer my iPhone naked or rather naked and beautiful as FY proudly puts it.  Yes..it's still naked..I still do not agree to covering it up when it is so sleek on its own.

After using it for about a month now..my next question would be..how do I clean it....the screen especially?  I'm kind of a germ freak..I clean my car steering, desk phone, keyboards, ear phones..etc with alcohol wipes. Since the front and back of the iPhone has this oleophobic coating that supposedly resists finger prints... (but not germs) , I've been cautious about cleaning it.   


I did ask FY how he cleans his.  His top of mind answer was "my t-shirt" -.-  Then he said..his pocket when he slides it in and out  -.- -.-


It really can get quite 'dirty'..when we tap on it so often ..while eating especially.


Just did a quick search :


Key Points : 

DO NOT clean the iPhone 4 with cleaning products. This could damage the oleophobic coating and reduce the value of your iPhone.
Apple highly recommends that you keep cleaning the iPhone 4 simple.
To clean your iPhone 4:
Turn the iPhone 4 off and disconnect it from any cables or power cords.
Use a soft, slightly damp cloth and prepare to wipe the iPhone clean. Be sure not to let any water enter small openings in the iPhone 4
Before starting, be sure no small rocks or dust are on the iPhone 4.
With a circular motion, wipe the damp cloth around the iPhone 4 until oil and fingerprints are completely removed from the phone.
The coating on the iPhone 4 screen and potentially the glass will make keeping it clean important. The coating protects the phone from fingerprints but also makes them more visible

Source: http://www.maciverse.com





Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment