Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little of everything

I had a little getaway.
As if there wasn't enough holidays in the past months.  Well, I'd say this is a different sort. A break from the holidays ..he he...and was also hoping to get some errands and house cleaning done.

Yes..I used the word 'hoping' simply because I didn't want to give so much fuss about this cleaning issue all because CNY is around the corner.  Why add more stress to this already stressful world right?

In anticipation of a 'busy' end week, I cramped three days of gym-work from Mon to Wed.  Tiring but there was some sense of achievement there to know that I can actually stretch a bit beyond the norm. Surprised myself by still being able to join some friends for a late dinner on Wed after a gruesome RPM session.

By the time I wrapped up, I didn't have anything left to think about the next day's breakie with Chris.  I was supposed to decide on a place.  I wonder why I always ended up to be the one making decisions like this....they kept saying it's because I'm the most picky when it comes to food.

It is expectations..not picky.

So...while struggling to wake up in the morning, somehow, in between my sleep and dreams, I managed to 'shortlist' Solaris to be  the target destination for breakie.

I reached out for my notebook by the bed when I finally woke up around 9ish, logged on to Google, typed "solaris breakfast" and voila....dozens of suggestions popped up on the screen.  I love the internet.  I love blogs.  After some quick reads..it was between Departure Lounge at Solaris itself and this other place at Solaris Dutamas.

It's called The Pink Sage.  There were many blog entries about the breakfast servings here, good pancakes, etc etc.  Just the kind of breakfast I was yearning for!  The power of blogs..!





We stepped our feet into the place around 12ish..yeah..we took that long to get our butt out of the house.  She had some duties with mom.  While waiting, I'm glad to say that I managed to clean and re-arrange some furnitures on another 5% of the house.  *applause*

Presenting : The Stacked Breakfast @ The Pink Sage


How was it?  Not too bad..given that there aren't many places in KL that serve good western breakfast.  My only complain is..I tasted 'beef' in the beans.  May be it's the oil.  I don't reject beef totally but I don't like too strong beefy-taste.  Despite so, I will definitely come back here for their Illy coffee.  My expectations for coffee has gone up .. hehe.  And..oh..I wanted so much to try their Buttermilk Pancakes..but they ran out of pancakes =(  I shall be back!



After food..we went for a little walk at Plaza Damas hoping to get some CNY clothes.. I got two simple t shirts...not exactly suitable for CNY..but I like them and price was reasonable..so..why not.


Then..we had 'lunch' =D  We shared the breakfast..so we weren't exactly full.

Pork Ribs Vietnamese Noodles

 Explored this stall near Segambut.  They serve Vietnamese style dishes.  Quite yummy.

Vietnamese Coffee

Main purpose for taking leave on Friday is to take Dad (and myself) to the clinic for the overdue medical checkup.  Achieved.

Went to the bank...after having lunch with Dad...happy with the outcome, decided to drop by Tesco for some CNY stuff shopping.  Enjoyed a leisure stroll in Tesco while sipping A&W root beer float =P

When I was almost done..Chris called to ask if I wanted to have dinner ...hee.


BBQ Chicken Wings @ Wong Ah Wah, Jalan Alor

What do you think? Quite a good mix of work and play right?


It's Saturday evening.  As of an hour ago I had this sudden inspiration and urge to blog.  Seldom have this kind of urge nowadays..so here I am. Still typing away gleefully.

Oh well...since I'm at it...let me also talk about what I did today?

I made breakfast : Cheese & Egg to go with Bread

I cleaned another 5% of this other corner in the living room.  Quite pleased with my work.  While doing that..(over a few hours) ..I caught the marathon run of Criminal Minds on the Fox Channel.   I have not been so drawn to a TV program for a very long time.  I love the plots.  I love all the characters.

Took a simple instant noodle lunch around 3ish.

I'm still not done by the way..have some hand wash laundry waiting for me.  May be clean another 2% before heading to the bath.

Could have done more..if I don't waste time..playing on the phone, checking facebook, playing with the cats. dogs ..in addition to stopping to stare at the TV.

Chill..like I said..ain't gonna stress myself out.  I had fun though..doing a little bit of everything.



Now...I'm missing working out ...back to the gym tomorrow ~






Best Blog Tips

1 comment: