Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nissan Latio's Intelligent Key

yupe..didn't manage to do the tax e-filing after all. Had some probems with the employer no. Hooray..so I'm blogging away..suddenly..headache seems to be getting better -- lol. As usual....once bitten by the blogging bug..I can't stop until I run out of inspiration :D

This post..I wanna talk about the Intelligent Key that comes with the Latio.

It's really darn cool! I only have make sure I have this with me in my bag or pocket whenever I wanna use the car. A press of a button on either front doors or the rear trunk..and ta daa..the car locks / unlocks.

Upon entering the car...no key needed to start the car. Just turn this ignition knob and the system will detect if the Intelligent Key is nearby. Once 'cleared'..another turn of the knob..and the car starts!

I am still trying to get used to it. I still have this habit of reaching out for a remote to unlock the car. And looking for keys to start the car. And I kept trying to pull out the knob after stopping the car...getting out of a car without a key in hand..it's just so weird.

Still have yet to work out a 'idiot' proof system. I bet you....the day will come where I will be writing here on least one clumsy incident about yours truly here..locking myself out of the house without the I-key or leaving the I-key in some other place or bag..whatever.

Another thing..is I still use the steering lock..mainly for deterent purposes. It's so uncool to have the steering lock key attached to that sleek I-key, so I attached it to my house key instead. A bit tricky right. Especially when I don't have a habit of carrying house key with me all the time.

bla bla bla..


Oh..in case the 'inteligence' stops working..there IS a key after all ..as back up. Cool eh?

Read more about the I-key here or here.






Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment