Thursday, July 02, 2009

Friends now and then

People come and go in our lives. We make more and more "friends" as we move on with life. Some just clicked immediately and become best pals. Some are just hi and bye. Some used to be best pals and yet the friendship dwindle away with time..due to a various reasons. As we move on, most times we leave and forget about past friends, more often than not without realising it.

When I left high school, I practically moved on or may be I didn't. Apparently I left an impression that I wasn't interested to keep up. Can't really recall what exactly happened..I kind of went separate ways. Alot of things happened anyway. My results weren't great so I felt a little left out (sob..) And then my mom felt sick..so I really didn't have time to have fun. And then..work was demanding..I so Loved my job then (*roll eyes*) And ..everyone was like dating and getting married..while I was ..erm..still very much single. And then..trasportation was a problem..didn't know how to drive yet. So...I guess those were a combination of reasons (or excuses)...why I didn't catch up much with old friends those days.

At the same time..I met new friends, mainly from work. Had my good share of fun with this bunch. Someone told me recently..she is much closer to her work friends then old school friends. Which I think it's quite normal for certain people. For me..it makes sense cos..after working 10-12 hours together daily and fighting fire together for years..you tend to know and tolerate each other much better. And most of my work friends those days were also still single (ha!)....so "birds of same feather flock together" :D

However...over the recent two years or so...I managed to catch up again with some old school friends. Some of which I knew since I was 8 or 9. Some I met in lower secondary...etc etc. It all started with me switching company..hence, not so busy, and thus, got linked up to a few on YH and MSN. Basically...I had been a bit of an idiot. I seldom call. I was told I didn't pick up calls too...lol! Those days..there were no Facebook and sms ma. I'm just not a verbal person, you see.

I've been thinking today....we actually kind of grown closer and knew each other more in the past a year or so. Not that I call or write more often now...I guess it's just easier with instant messaging and Facebook and this blog, not forgetting. I'd also think we are more mature now, going through mid life and all..I guess it helps to have peers around for support. Oh well, they claim they have given up asking or hoping that I will introduce my boyfriend one day. At the same time..I've also become quite good at ignoring those questions. So..that helps :)

Here's to FRIENDSHIP. . .
Best Blog Tips

3 comments: