Monday, July 27, 2009

Sad Day

I was determined (really!) to go for tai ci this morning but it started raining at 6am..less than an hour before wake up time. And it continued to rain till later hours in the morning. Just as how I quietly wished so..so that I have an excuse to stay in bed. The 'raining' excuse is totally rubbish..I conveniently chose to forget (while in slumberland) that there is actually an alternative indoor venue when it rains. And so..I stayed in bed till 9am..fortunately I was sensible enough to at least wake up to go to the gym for bodycombat. Sigh..I've missed so many tai ci classes lately, I think I've forgotten half the moves! But then..it was so so nice to stay in bed this morning..part of me was actually still slumberland during the bodycombat class :)

Little did I know the solemn morning may probably be the heaven's way of welcoming Yasmin Ahmad who had passed away unexpectedly the night before after suffering a stroke at a young age of 51.

Can't help but feel somewhat sad by her sudden demise. I won't consider myself as a close fan of her work nor do I keep myself very up to date with the local film industry but..Who Doesn't Know Yasmin Ahmad?? Well..even if you don't know her..I am very sure you've seen and like at least one of her many productions be it films (like Sepet) or any of her uniquely created & directed TV commercials (for Petronas for example)

I went through her blog just now...good to have a blog...it leaves behind a part of you..it's a treasure especially when one is no longer around.

oh well..so much for that...life goes on. Let's just try harder to live our lives a little bit better each day so that we don't have too much to regret ...when we or any of our loved ones leave eventually or..unexpectedly.

By the way...I go tanned today while having dim sum!

Was at this place called Jin Xuan (at Damansara Jaya near Atria, same row as Maybank) who serves excellent dim sum. It's been a long long time since I had such good dim sum.

The place was packed! Mich's exact words when she called me was ..."it's like a product launch atmosphere here" :D

She got a place for us by the corridor..the sun was shining on my back...for a good 2 hours. It's morning sun (early afternoon to be exact) ..and the weather was quite cooling.so I didn't make a fuss. My back is still Red now :p

Here are some random pics that I desperately took only after feasting..as usual!














Don't bother trying to figure what they were meant to be...rubbish shots!
Just google for Jin Xuan..and you will find loads of blog post about it. I clicked into a few but still like this one the best >>click HERE --very few words but the pictures speak wonders! Enjoy...
Sigh..it's midnite again. One of the main reason why I don't like to sleep early is because I enjoy night time. I like the feel of an 'end day'..as in "I lived through another day". And I write better at night :) Imagine I was trying to write something since 7pm ! I actually dozed off at around nine just now ..but I dragged myself up ..I don't particularly agree to sleeping so early on weekends. Time is precious on weekends...e.g. going to bed so early on a Sunday means..Monday will come Sooner. Noooo....
Haha...the fact is..it is now officially Monday ..huuu..
"Good bye Sunday, welcome back Monday" -- says one of the many status updates in my contacts in Facebook.
Live a better life..remember??
Nitez.

Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Maybe if you go to the one in Uptown on a weekend, it might not be so crowded

    ReplyDelete