Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Power Outage

As much as I wanted (or thought I needed) to sweat it out, someone up there seemed to know that my body has yet to recover from the weekend's non stop activities.

There was a power outage in parts of Desa Sri Hartamas where the gym is. When I got there around 745pm..the area was unusually quiet. Offices, businesses, showrooms, pubs were closed, hence, car park lots were easily available. The normally brightly lighted gym was unsually dark. Members and staff were hanging around outside the premise. I was told that they were without power since 5.30pm and there were no firm indication from Tenaga that power will resume any sooner. So..no point waiting.

Well..I shall not complain though I was quite disappointed.


People who always complain about what they DON'T HAVE, stay stuck.
Complainers attract more things to complain about!


The above is an excerpt from a very meaningful write up about finding Peace of Mind..basically, what it says is that we shouldn't dwell on negative thoughts. Instead focus on being grateful about good things that we have in Life.

Coincidentally, I wasn't in a good mood today. The above arrived into my mail box just at the right time. A good reminder indeed. Of course..it didn't magically cheer me up instantaneously...but it was a somewhat soothing read.

Things happen for good reasons. I am actually quite tired and some muscles are still sore. Good to rest oso lar. Good to to be able to take a leisure drive home. Take a good dinner. Even had time to go over to sis' place for soup. I had two and a half bowls..lol!

But then hor...a huge ugly cockroach greeted me when I entered the bathroom just now - yikes! How not to complain??
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment